Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Break

When many people think of spring break, they only want it to come sooner. I do too, but there is a downside to it, at least in my mind there is. As of right now we are going until the 11th in June and there is no way that I want to be in school that long. Some of my college friends and siblings get out more than a month before we do. I am so desperate to end this school year that I might even propose that we skip spring break to take a week off of the days we have left of school.

I know that the seniors would absolutely go crazy, because they automatically get out by May 27th due to them graduating and all. I would too, though, and I wouldn’t want to take it away for them. After all, when I am a senior and it so happened that year that spring break was taken away from the students I would probably go ballistic. During the week that we were supposed to be out I would probably protest with my actions and refuse to pay attention. I would later regret this, but I wouldn’t care at the time because of the injustice being dealt to us.

Now that I am on spring break there is no way that I would trade it for being back in school. The thought of having to wake up early is painful for me at this point. I do wake up at a reasonable time, around eight every morning to attend track practices. It is enjoyable to have that much of the day and not be dead tired compared, to the school day, which most people go through struggling to maintain the small gaps between their eyelids.

I would suggest one thing, to all the high schools and universities across the nation. That is that spring break should be the same days for everyone. I have two older sisters in college. We enjoy hanging out, but it is prevented due to the fact that their spring breaks are a week off each other. To make it even better our spring break is in between their weeks off so when I do get to see them, we couldn’t hang out. Yeah we will get to talk a little bit, but it will be prevented from going in depth because of all the homework that needs to be completed by the next day.

No comments: