Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Its Had its Ups and Downs

Blogging... Oh where do I begin? Should I talk about how much I have despised it? Or should I talk about the good feelings that rush through my body as soon as I’m finished.

I have wanted to talk about something specific to keep the entries to the main theme of the blog. But the desire was not as strong as the work and time that I would have needed to put into the blog if I were to do that. High School is a hectic time, especially if you are in multiple AP courses along with sports with which you have to miss school for. Like in mine and others case.

Blogging, to me, was just a new dimension of homework. At some times I enjoyed it, like when I glanced back at previous posts and realize how far I’ve come in writing. I also liked reading friend’s posts over topics I was interested in to hear what their view on it was.

At times I would be so frustrated with blogging. I remember times when I would tell my mom that I would rather re-shingle the roof than blog. The intense hate came from the fact that I was so far behind sometimes with how many blogs that I needed and felt stressed out about that.

Whenever I am sitting in front of a computer, I am always jittery (If I am not sleeping because of how tired I am). Even now as I write this my legs are moving back and forth. I don’t feel very comfortable sitting in front of the computer screen, just staring at this lit up screen portraying pictures coming from some cyberspace.

I try to minimize my time in front of the computer as much as I can, I would much rather be outside playing basketball, or reading a good book. Maybe I feel so awkward in front of my computer is because of it’s location in my house. It is in the corner of my living room and while sitting in front of it, I can see out side our big window. Trees fill the window every time I glance outside from the computer seat. The picture and the idea of not doing homework call my name stronger and stronger the more painful the homework becomes.

Blogs seemed to be more of the painful kind of homework. But it did help me become a better writer. So it was a good thing overall, even though sometimes i abhorred just thinking about it.

No comments: