Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bloggy Doggy

Blogging, for me has become like a pet. A pet, however, that is graded. My blog is a dog that has some kind of super power, the power to stay alive when not being fed. At the beginning of my ownership I didn’t take good care of it, I fed it once a week at the most. It obviously survived despite that I didn’t feed because, like I said, it has a super power.

I really became serious about blogging when January came around and I saw that the lack of feeding my dog had contributed to giving me a poor grade in the class.

It was the summer time and my dog, Rosey, normally just lies around and does nothing really. I noticed that every time I opened the drawer where her leash is stored she flips out. She runs up wagging her tail begging for her to be taken on a walk, wanting to experience something besides the feel of the floor. The summer wasn’t particularly busy for me either, and so I decided to talk her on a run every once in a while. Even though we went around the block consistently, she still darted towards me, barking, whenever I opened the leash drawer.

That is how it is with my blog, whenever I start up the computer; my blog seems to be yelping at me. And just like the first couple times my dog ran over to me begging I decided to ignore her. When I chose to walk my dog, it didn’t become a chore to me anymore, it was actually somewhat enjoyable. That was where I messed up with the blogs. I perceived it as a chore and therefore wanted to avoid it at all costs. When January came along for one reason or another I subconsciously decided that blogging was not going to be a chore anymore.

Now that it isn’t that bad and even sometimes enjoyable to write about something you enjoy. No, my blog doesn’t have a theme to it; I’m all over the place with my topics. I think that is why I have stripped the title of “chore” that I had given it, away. Just like when I thought of walking my dog no longer as a chore, I no longer treated it like one. Even though blogging takes a little bit more thinking, it improves your writing skills, which walking your dog, does not.

No comments: