Thursday, February 5, 2009

Something to do

It’s hard to imagine, but I know it will come. You can’t stop time and neither can I. So the years will pass by and before I know it two years will have gone by since this post. I’ve talked with some “older” people in my youth group, they all say the same thing. “It was just like yesterday when I was in high school.” I know one day that will become me; I will face the same problem of not being able to stop or even slow time.

It is my goal that over the course of two years I will have given my all. In sports gone all out and been to the Drake Relays and state for track, hopefully placing in both. For some reason urgency has made me work harder than before. I was just a freshman just yesterday it seems, and I could have and should have worked harder than I did. Now that I’m older and because time is of the essence I push myself harder and more often. “Time is of the essence,” is a common phrase, maybe even clichéd, but how true it is. I should have realized when I was freshman that this time in high school is only going to last so long and that I need to give it my best all the time. In school gone all out and been a valedictorian. The drive to do well in school comes from the phrase “Discipline, or regret.” With this in my mind I try to imagine if I had C’s in all my classes and what affect it would have on my grade point average and class rank. It would close doors to scholarships that I would have previously been able to attain. I choose discipline; most of the time. Even when grades come though, there is regret and questioning. Could I have worked harder?

It is also my goal that through the hard work of my high school career that I would be accepted into a good college that will grant me scholarships for sports, academics or both. Also to be making new, genuine friends in this unfamiliar atmosphere that I will be in.

It’s important to me because we all learn things through experience. Even as a baby we learn through experience, I wouldn’t know what hot was in less I touched or felt something that was supposedly hot. With all the learning that can be done in a college experience I want to maximize it. I want to learn a lot to help and educate others, to make an impact on their life.

No comments: