Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Football Year Round

Well for anyone who doesn’t play a winter, spring, or summer sport then Football is a year round sport for them. That is, if he attends all the workouts scheduled. For me I’m lucky one could say because I am in track, but the only reason I started doing track as a freshmen was for football. I was going out then only to get faster for the next season, only to make myself faster and gain a competitive edge on fellow teammates I was trying to beat out for a spot on the team.

I played basketball for Kennedy as a freshmen and sophomore, but decided that it wasn’t worth the time I would have to put in to go out this year. So instead of hoopin’ it up I’m trying to study more and get more homework done and am also lifting with the football team. Our grueling lifting is just I said it is grueling, we lift four times a week and on the day we don’t we have morning “mat drills” as we call them. These morning workouts are for the cardio aspect of football and we work on our quick movements that are needed in game situations.

To make the workouts we go through more beneficial to the player, we often drink protein shakes to acquire the appropriate amount of protein to help our beaten up muscles recover. The protein is bought in powder form and mixed into a liquid of your choice, some use water, but I use milk. Drinking it with milk is much better tasting than mixing it with water, but the problem is I can’t drink it at school because there is no place for me to put milk if I brought it to school to consume while lifting, which is better somehow for the recuperation of your muscles.

It doesn’t take a genius to discover the affects of protein shakes after you have had quite a few of them yourself. The side affects are terrible you find yourself farting all the time even as I am typing now I can feel my stomach churning. I’m not a doctor so I don’t know how it all works I just know that once I guzzle down a few protein shakes then something goes wrong in my abdominal region. Once I feel that sensation a couple hours later I start to rip and don’t stop until deep in my sleep in the middle of the night. My suggestion is that if you can avoid drinking them it will keep your nose a lot more comfortable than if you started.

No comments: